It’s snowing here in the Northwest, and do you know what that makes me crave? Good ol’ warming comfort food. Besides the ease of the readily-available and inexpensive ingredients, the minimal prepping, one-pot cooking, and easy cleaning makes this recipe a must-try. Try it out and let me know what you think. It’s all I’ve wanted to cook since I learned this recipe a month ago from Ms. Claudia (a lovely retiree I met while volunteering). Believe me, this will become your go-to recipe!
What you’ll need:
-uncooked chicken (preferably all the same pieces i.e. drumsticks)
-can of tomatoes (anything from stewed, whole, or diced)
1) Prep and chop the vegetables into bite-sized pieces.
2) Prep and clean the chicken.
3) Heat about a tablespoon of oil in a large pot on medium-high on the stovetop.
4) Toss in the chopped onions and sweat them until translucent.
5) Add the can of tomatoes and chicken.
6) Add the chopped carrots and celery.
7) Add oregano and black pepper to taste.
8) Cover pot and let simmer on medium for about an hour and a half.
9) Uncover to find some falling-off-the-bone tender chicken!